With New Years right around the corner, many people are thinking of ways of how they can improve their life and make the most of 2019. If you’re looking for a New Year’s resolution that will boost your home’s value and help you live content every day, consider one of these home remodeling projects:
Become more energy efficient
Whether this means upgrading your windows or replacing your siding, aiming for an energy efficient home means you lower your bills and reduce your carbon footprint. A few energy efficient improvements:
- Replace siding with Hardie cement fiber siding
- Replace old drafty doors
- Get new energy efficient windows
Remodel your kitchen
- A kitchen remodel is an investment. Although they may be one of the costliest rooms to renovate, new home buyers often look at kitchens first. A kitchen can sell a home. Just make sure that aesthetics and functionality are the driving force behind your renovation.
- Entertainment value: Making it bigger can enable you to host parties, holidays and gatherings much easier.
- Open concept kitchens create more opportunities for family time: Most kitchens today are renovated to create an open concept living/dining space. This makes it easier for families to be together throughout meal preparation, serving, eating and cleaning up.
Add square footage to your home
Home additions are one of the many ways you can transform your current residence into the dream home you always wanted. Whether you need more space, an extra room for a family member or want to update your master bathroom, homeowners should never overlook a home addition.
- Home additions add value to your home.
- Additions can be cheaper than moving.
- They can add luxury to your home.
Whether your new years remodeling resolution is to be more energy efficient, or to give your home a complete face lift, start your new year off right with McHenry Remodeling. The company you choose when quality matters! Happy new year!